Jack D’Aurora helps businesses and individuals resolve disputes they cannot resolve on their own, either through negotiation, the courts or arbitration. These disputes involve real estate, contract questions, insurance disputes, and partnership or shareholder matters—the issues that arise in business relationships and transactions.
Jack also provides guidance in the formation of business entities, the structuring of transactions and related financing, and general counsel to business owners, and he prepares corporate and LLC documents.
Most of Jack’s clients are medium-sized, privately held companies, where the owner has a significant role in operations; examples include construction, manufacturing and real estate companies. He also represents community banks and a national title insurance company.
Raised in Steubenville, Ohio, Jack graduated from Notre Dame and was commissioned in the U.S. Navy in 1977. After receiving his Naval Flight Officer wings in 1978, he was assigned to an F-14 squadron in San Diego in 1979 and made two deployments to the western Pacific, logging over 300 carrier arrested landings aboard the U.S.S. Kitty Hawk.
Jack began his law studies at night in 1983 while still serving on active duty in Washington, D.C. After graduating from the Georgetown Law Center, he returned to San Diego and began practicing law while flying with a reserve F-14 squadron. In 1991, he and his family moved to Columbus, Ohio. In addition to practicing law, Jack is active in community service.
A contributor to The Columbus Dispatch op-ed section, Jack writes about a variety of social justice issues and maintains a blog, www.considerthisbyjd.com.
Professional and community activities:
- AV rating from the Martindale-Hubbell rating system
- Legal Aid Society of Columbus—handling of pro bono cases
- Columbus Bar Association, real property law committee
- Columbus Bar Association, Lawyers Quarterly editorial board (2013 -2016)
- Kiwanis Club of Kiwanis (2008-2018, president in 2017)
- Children’s Hunger Alliance, Central Ohio Board (2008-2016)
- YMCA of Central Ohio Consulting Board (1994-2001, chairman 2000-2001)
- Joseph L. MacKinnon Instructor of the Year, Columbus Board of Realtors, 2005
- Notre Dame Club of Columbus, Board of Trustees (1996-2003, president, 2000)