Since entering private practice in 1995, John Johnson has devoted his career to helping people through the most difficult turns of life. He has represented hundreds of clients in divorces and dissolutions, child custody actions, child and spousal support matters and post-divorce modifications. John has extensive knowledge of domestic law and has tried numerous cases in central Ohio’s domestic courts and argued a number of cases before the state’s appellate courts. He has earned the trust and respect of judges and fellow lawyers for his straightforward approach to representing his clients.
In addition to a strong family law practice, John represents clients in employment matters such as wrongful termination, race, age and gender discrimination. He also handles traffic offenses, drunk driving and other criminal misdemeanors.
John is a lifelong central Ohio resident. He has a bachelor’s degree from Ohio Wesleyan University and a law degree from Capital University Law School. John served as an Assistant Attorney General for Ohio from 1993 through 1995 before entering private practice.
Professional and Community Activities
* Member, Columbus and Ohio State Bar Associations
* Member, Central Ohio Advocates for Justice
* Member, Ohio Advocates for Justice
* Board Member, Legal Advisor and Officer, Ohio Warriors Scholarship Fund
* Received the highest rating of “AV” from the Martindale-Hubbell peer rating system